I have a MSc in Software Engineering and a PhD in Computer Science from the University of St Andrews, United Kingdom. I have a BSc in Computer Science and a minor in Information Systems from Beirut Arab University, Lebanon.
I have lectured & tutored numerous undergraduate Computer Science courses on all levels in two universities. I have over 5 years of teaching experience. I have also supervised many final year undergraduate senior projects. I have also contributed to the design of many computer science curricula and have delivered all-day workshops to academic staff. I have also published many peer-reviewed papers
Currently I am lecturing undergraduate courses in the Lebanese International University.
On a personal level, I possess a wide range of software engineering skills and works well independently on my own initiative and as part of a productive collaborative team. I am open to any freelance work if you would like to hire me. You can find me on Fiverr, UpWork and Freelancer.
To view my contributions to open source software please view my GitHub.
The following is a synopsis of my major technical skills. I can advice you or I can work in any consulting capacity in all projects that use the following technologies. The following list is not exhaustive. Please contact me for a CV – serious clients only!:
- Operating Systems: MS Windows, MacOS, Linux OS Distros (Ubunto, Fedora, Tails, Qubes, Parrot & Kali) with advanced knowledge of Bash shell scripting
- Office suites: MS Word, Excel (with knowledge of VBA programming), PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Apple Pages & Numbers, OpenOffice, LibreOffice
- Project Management Systems: MS Project (GANT, PERT) & some familiarity with the Oracle Primavera tool
- Hardware: PC components installing/assembling, troubleshooting, drivers, HD formatting
- Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle Database 11g administration and development, MySQL, PostgreSQL, neo4j, Apache couchDB, MongoDB
- Networking: Configuring Cisco Routers & Switches, LAN, WAN, VPN, Voice over IP. Created applications using network protocols such as HTTP/2, QUIC, WebSockets, WebRTC among others
- Ethical Hacking, Cybersecurity, Dark Web & Digital Forensics: developed many Python tools: backdoor, arp spoofer, keylogger, port/network scanner, ICMP scanner, packet sniffer among many others. Good knowledge of Kali Linux hacking tools, of Tails OS, Whonix, Qubes OS, Tor Browser including setting own onion websites, I2P, Freenet. Exploitation & post-exploitation: Meterpreter, Veil, Empire, TheFatRat, the Beef framework, LaZagne. Developed many Python digital forensics tools.
- Languages: C/C++, VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Java, Kotlin, Assembly, Prolog, Python (including Flask & Django frameworks), Perl, Windows Presentation Foundation (including xaml coding), LSL (Linden Scripting Language), OSSL (OpenSim Scripting Language), SQL, Swift, PowerShell, Lua, Ruby, Markup & Serialization languages such as XML, JSON & YAML.
- Modelling: ERD, UML2.0, SysML
- Graphics/Game engines: WebGL (developed applications using Three JS & Babylon JS), WebVR (mainly Mozilla A-Frame), VRML, X3D/X3DOM, Blender, Meshlab, Unity, Unreal engine 4
- Apple Products: iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS programming
- Android: Java and Kotlin
- Virtual Worlds: OpenSim (including knowledge of scripting and region modules programming), Second Life, Open Wonderland and Open Cobalt.
- Statistics/Data Science/Machine Learning: SPSS, SAS, R statistical language, Gnuplot, Tableau, Python Data Science & Machine/Deep Learning (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, StatsModels, Seaborn, matplotlib, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- CAQDAS systems: familiarity with Nvivo & MaxQDA
- Open Source Hardware/IoT: Constructed couple of IoT hobbyist projects using the Raspberry Pi, few sensors and Arduino microcontrollers. Developed apps that talk with sensors.
- Content Management Systems: WordPress (including plug-ins and themes development), familiarity with Joomla & Drupal 8
- Document Preparation and Markup: Latex, BibTeX/BibLaTeX, Markdown
- Version/Revision Control: Mercurial, Git/GitHub and Apache Subversion.
- Software Dev Methodologies/Frameworks: understanding of waterfall, agile & lean methods (SCRUM, Kanban, XP) & spiral model.
- DevOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Automation, IaC: Travis-CI, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Maven, Terraform
- Free/Open Source RPA: UiPath, Automagica, Robot framework, taskt
- Cloud Computing: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Google Cloud
- Wireframing/Mockups: Some familiarity with Balsamiq & the moqups tool
- E-business/E-commerce/Drop-shipping: developing web applications using Magento, WordPress WooCommerce, Shopify & OpenCart. Knowledge of Amazon FBA, AliExpress & eBay.
- Customer service, sales & liaison skills: Finding the right prospects, closing sales and following up with customers
- Presentation & communication skills: obtained from lecturing and tutoring many courses at a university level and from networking and presenting my research in many conferences & events.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills: solving tough research problems and finding technical solutions that shows an out of the box type of thinking.